PacePDH.com is approved by the American Institute of Architects (AIA Provider # J607) to provide online continuing education courses to architects.
Since 2003 PacePDH.com has delivered over 1.3 million online continuing education hours to more than 50,000 AEC professionals nationwide. Our online interactive audio/visual courses feature narration, images and illustrations. Our PDF format is a non-timed, read-only course with online testing at the end.
Note to AIA Members: New AIA rules do not allow its members to retake the same course at any time.
New York Continuing Education Requirements
New York Regulations Part 69.6.c.1 Continuing Education Requirements
- During each triennial registration period, meaning a registration period of three years' duration, an applicant for registration shall complete at least 36 hours of continuing education.
- A minimum of 24 hours of such continuing education shall be in the areas of health, safety and welfare (HSW) in accordance with the limitations and requirements set forth in section 7308(2) of the Education Law.
- Up to one-half (18 hours) of the total hours of continuing education may consist of non-course activities (non-live interactive structured learning).
New York Regulations Part 69.6.d Continuing Education Record Maintenance and Verification
- At each reregistration, licensed architects shall certify to the department that they have complied with the continuing education requirements.
- Each licensee shall maintain a record of completed continuing education, which includes: the type of learning activity, title of the course if a course, subject of the continuing education, the number of hours completed, the sponsor's name and any identifying number (if applicable), attendance verification if a course, participation verification if another educational activity, and the date and location of the continuing education.
- Such records shall be retained for at least six years from the date of completion of the continuing education and shall be available for review.
For more information, visit the New York Regulations Website.
Courses in Your Cart
Audio-visual course for computers, tablets and smartphones.
|Ageless by Design (GEN) (HSW)||2.00||$38.00|
|Ageless Living by Design (HSW)||2.00||$38.00|
|Aging in Place - Eliminating Traps (HSW)||4.00||$76.00|
|Biophilic Design and Senior Well Being for Architect and Design Professionals (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Demographic Trends and Changes in the Aging Population Essential for Architects, Designers and Contractors to Identify (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|The Senior Wellness Revolution (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Where is Home - The Aging Population and Where They Live (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Danger in the Damp - Dealing with Mold (HSW)||2.00||$38.00|
|Danger in the Damp - Dealing with Mold (HSW-PDF)||4.00||$76.00|
|Drier by Design - Designing to Keep Water Out (HSW)||2.00||$38.00|
|Getting Decked - And Choosing How That Happens (HSW)||3.00||$57.00|
|Home Builder’s Guide to Coastal Construction (GEN) (HSW)||4.00||$76.00|
|Lean on Me - Choosing Railings Carefully (HSW)||3.00||$57.00|
|Preventing Mold in New Construction (GEN) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Preventing Mold in New Construction (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Reducing Energy Costs Through Fenestration Optimization (GEN) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Sound Matters - How to Achieve Acoustic Comfort in the Contemporary Office (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Starting from the Bottom (HSW)||3.00||$57.00|
|Wind Mitigation Methodology - Retrofits for Existing Homes - 1 hr (WMM/GEN) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Wind Mitigation Methodology - Retrofits for Existing Homes - 2 hour (WMM/HMM/GEN) (HSW)||2.00||$38.00|
Construction Contract Administration
|Building for Energy Efficiency (BSP/T/GEN) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Cool Roofs for Warm Climates (GEN) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Cool Roofs for Warm Climates PDF (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Energy Efficient Roofs (GEN) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Energy Efficient Ventilation Techniques (GEN) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Environmentally Safe Paints and Painting Techniques (GEN) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Raising the Roof (GEN) (HSW)||2.00||$38.00|
|Strategies to Achieve Net-Zero Energy Homes PDF (HSW)||2.00||$38.00|
|ADA Paths - Part 1 - No One Left Behind (HSW)||2.00||$19.00|
|ADA Paths - Part 2 - Practical Design Requirements (HSW)||2.00||$19.00|
|ADA Paths - Part 3 - Communication and Recreation (HSW)||2.00||$19.00|
|Fair Housing: A Study of Kitchens and Bathrooms (GEN) (AOA) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Fair Housing: An In Depth Study of Accessible Routes (GEN) (AOA) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Fair Housing: An In Depth Study of Accessible Routes (GEN) (AOA) (HSW) - PDF||1.00||$19.00|
|Fair Housing: An Overview of the Fair Housing Act (GEN) (AOA) (HSW)||2.00||$38.00|
|Indoor Environmental Quality (GEN) (HSW)||3.00||$57.00|
|Sound Advice for Acoustics PDF (HSW)||4.00||$76.00|