Since 2003, PacePDH.com has delivered online continuing education to more than 50,000 AEC professionals nationwide. PacePDH.com is partnered with IAEI (International Association of Electrical Inspectors) to deliver online electrical code change courses straight from the experts! Get your continuing education from the people who literally write the Analysis of Changes book each code cycle; delivered to your computer by the best provider of online electrical code change courses. Our online interactive audio/visual courses feature illustrations and real analysis, including input from members of every NEC® Code making panel (CMP).
Courses approved by MN DLI:
- Analysis of Changes 2020 NEC - Part 1 - Code-Wide, Chapters 1 and 2 (4 hours). Approval # 20200316.
- Analysis of Changes 2020 NEC - Part 2 - Chapters 3 and 4 (4 hours). Approval # 20200317.
- Analysis of Changes 2020 NEC - Part 3 - Chapter 5 through Article 682 (4 hours). Approval # 20200318.
- Analysis of Changes 2020 NEC - Part 4 - Articles 690 through Chapter 9 (4 hours). Approval # 20200319.
- Analysis of Changes 2020 NEC - Two Hour Condensed (2 hours). Approval # 20200320.
- Analysis of Changes 2020 NEC - Two Hour Condensed (Power Limited) (2 hours). Approval # 20200321.
The Minnesota DLI requires a closed book quiz at the end of all online CE courses. Although not required, you may use the National Electric Code®, NEC®, book as a reference during the exam. You need a score of 70% or greater to pass. You are allowed to retake the quiz. To help you prepare, Pace provides practice exercises throughout the course.
MN Rules 3800.3602 Subp. 2 B: The following license types are required to earn 16 hours of instruction through one or more educational programs:
|(1) Class A master electrician (AM);||(2) Class B master electrician (BM);|
|(3) Class A journeyworker electrician (AJ);||(4) Class B journeyworker electrician (BJ);|
|(5) Maintenance electrician (MN);||(6) Class B installer (IB);|
|(7) Power limited technician (PL).|
* Unlicensed electricians (RE, RT) are required to complete two code hours each year.
* Satellite installers (SI) are required to complete four code hours each two-year cycle.
* Linemen (LN) currently have no continuing education requirement.
Continuing education (CE) rules highlights:
- Within the term and prior to the renewal of an electrician or power limited technician license, each holder of a license shall receive credit for instruction through one or more educational programs as required by this part.
- Credit for an educational program may only be used once for a specific renewal of an electrician license.
- Where a licensee holds more than one type of electrician license, the same credits for hours of instruction may be applied to each license.
- Registered unlicensed individuals must receive two hours of continuing education on the NEC.
For more rules relating to electrical continuing education, found on the Minnesota DLI Web site, click here.
Not convinced Pace is for you? No problem. We are so convinced you will find Pace the easiest most convenient way to complete your CE that we'll give you a 4-hour course to try for free. This offer is good for a holder of any license type listed above that has not previously used Pace. This offer does not apply to registered unlicensed electricians. Contact us at (800) 576-4341 or e-mail us and we will get a free course assigned to you.
If you have any questions about course selection, our online course delivery system or requirements, please do not hesitate to contact us at (800) 576-4341.
Audio-visual course for computers. Requires a third party app for phones/tablets.
Audio-visual course for computers, tablets and smartphones.
Online Courses for Electricians
|Analysis of Changes 2020 NEC - Part 1 - Code-Wide Chapters 1 and 2||4.00||$75.00|
|Analysis of Changes 2020 NEC - Part 2 - Chapters 3 and 4||4.00||$75.00|
|Analysis of Changes 2020 NEC - Part 3 – Chapter 5 through Article 682||4.00||$75.00|
|Analysis of Changes 2020 NEC - Part 4 - Article 690 through Chapter 9||4.00||$75.00|
Online Course for Registered, Unlicensed Electricians
|Analysis of Changes 2020 NEC - Two Hour Condensed||2.00||$49.00|
|Analysis of Changes 2020 NEC - Two Hour Condensed (Power Limited)||2.00||$49.00|