PacePDH.com is approved by the American Institute of Architects (AIA Provider # J607) to provide online continuing education courses to architects.
Since 2003 PacePDH.com has delivered over half a million online continuing education hours to more than 50,000 AEC professionals nationwide.
Our online interactive audio/visual courses feature narration, images and illustrations. Our PDF format is a non-timed, read-only course with online testing at the end.
North Carolina Continuing Education Requirements
North Carolina Administrative Code 21 NCAC 02.0903 Continuing Education Requirements
- Every registrant shall obtain twelve (12) contact hours for each calendar year.
- The contact hours shall be obtained in structured educational activities intended to increase or update the architect's knowledge and competence in technical and professional architectural subjects directly related to safeguarding public health, safety and welfare("HSW"), whether delivered by direct contact or distance learning methods.
North Carolina Administrative Code 21 NCAC 02.0905 Continuing Education Record Maintenance and Verification
- To renew your license you must show that you obtained the contact hours during the previous CALENDAR year.
- The hours are reported on your individual renewal. A simple statement asking if you have complied with the CE rule is on the form; you must check a box indicating “yes” or “no”. DO NOT SEND CONTINUING EDUCATION LOGS WITH RENEWAL TO THE BOARD OFFICE. You do not have to send your log unless you are specifically audited.
- The CE rule provides three ways to log your CE credit. A self-made log showing the type of activity claimed, sponsoring organization, location, duration, the name of the instructor and amount of hours earned, or a file of attendance certificates or other type of evidence of participation, or Records maintained by the AIA/CES.
- The records must be retained for a period of six (6) years after the credit is claimed.
For more information, visit the North Carolina Board of Architecture CE Website.
Courses in Your Cart
Audio-visual course for computers. Requires a third party app for phones/tablets.
Audio-visual course for computers, tablets and smartphones.
|Ageless Living by Design (HSW)||2.00||$38.00|
|Aging in Place - Eliminating Traps (HSW)||4.00||$76.00|
|Biophilic Design and Senior Well Being for Architect and Design Professionals (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Demographic Trends and Changes in the Aging Population Essential for Architects, Designers and Contractors to Identify (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|The Senior Wellness Revolution (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Where is Home - The Aging Population and Where They Live (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
Net-Zero Energy Building
|Strategies to Achieve Net-Zero Energy Homes (HSW)||2.00||$38.00|
|Strategies to Achieve Net-Zero Energy Homes PDF (HSW)||2.00||$38.00|
Other Featured Courses - New PDF Format
|ADA Paths - Part 1 - No One Left Behind (HSW)||2.00||$19.00|
|ADA Paths - Part 2 - Practical Design Requirements (HSW)||2.00||$19.00|
|ADA Paths - Part 3 - Communication and Recreation (HSW)||2.00||$19.00|
|Cool Roofs for Warm Climates PDF (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Danger in the Damp - Dealing with Mold (HSW)||4.00||$76.00|
|Drier by Design - Designing to Keep Water Out (HSW)||2.00||$38.00|
|Getting Decked - And Choosing How That Happens (HSW)||3.00||$57.00|
|Lean on Me - Choosing Railings Carefully (HSW)||3.00||$57.00|
|Starting from the Bottom (HSW)||3.00||$57.00|
Construction Contract Administration
|The Contractor vs Architect Feud- Why they cannot always get along (BSP/GEN) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|The Contractor vs Architect Feud- Why They Cannot Always Get Along (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Cool Roofs for Warm Climates (GEN) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Daylight Optimization (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Environmentally Safe Paints and Painting Techniques (GEN) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Raising the Roof (GEN) (HSW)||2.00||$38.00|
|Basic Ethics for Architects (HSW)||3.00||$57.00|
|Fair Housing: A Study of Kitchens and Bathrooms (GEN) (AOA) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Fair Housing: An In Depth Study of Accessible Routes (GEN) (AOA) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Fair Housing: An Overview of the Fair Housing Act (GEN) (AOA) (HSW)||2.00||$38.00|
|Indoor Environmental Quality (GEN) (HSW)||3.00||$57.00|