PacePDH.com is approved by the American Institute of Architects (AIA Provider # J607) to provide online continuing education courses to architects.
Since 2003 PacePDH.com has delivered over half a million online continuing education hours to more than 50,000 AEC professionals nationwide.
Our online interactive audio/visual courses feature narration, images and illustrations. Our PDF format is a non-timed, read-only course with online testing at the end.
Iowa Continuing Education Requirements
Rule 193B—3.3(544A,272C) Continuing Education Reporting Requirements
- To renew licensure, an architect must, in addition to meeting all other requirements, complete a minimum of 24 CEHs for each 24-month period since the architect’s last renewal of initial licensure or be exempt from these continuing education requirements as provided in rule 193B—3.5(544A,272C).
- All 24 CEHs must be completed in health, safety, and welfare subjects acquired in structured educational activities. CEHs may be acquired at any location. Excess CEHs cannot be credited to the next renewal.
- An architect who holds licensure in Iowa for less than 12 months from the date of initial licensure or who is reinstating to active status shall not be required to report CEHs at the first license renewal.
- An architect who holds licensure in Iowa for more than 12 months, but less than 23 months from the date of initial licensure or who is reinstating to active status, shall be required to report 12 CEHs earned in the preceding 12 months at the first license renewal.
Rule 193B—3.3(3) Continuing Education Record Maintenance and Verification
- An architect shall complete and submit forms as required by the board certifying that the architect has completed the required CEHs. Forms may be audited by the board for verification of compliance with these requirements. Documentation of reported CEHs shall be maintained by the architect for two years after the period for which the form was submitted.
- If the board disallows any CEHs, the architect shall have 60 days from notice of such disallowance to either provide further evidence of having completed the CEHs disallowed or remedy the disallowance by completing the required number of CEHs (provided that such CEHs shall not again be used for the next renewal). If the board finds, after proper notice and hearing, that the architect willfully disregarded these requirements or falsified documentation of required CEHs, the architect may be subject to disciplinary action.
For more information, visit the Iowa Architectural Examining Board 193B Chapter 3 Continuing Education Website.