Board: Georgia Electrician
Credit Hours: 4.00
Rating: 840 ratings
Approval Number: PACE-0623
Add to Basket
This online course is an extensive and popular program analyzing the major changes to the National Electrical Code (NEC®) for the 2023 cycle. Members of the eighteen NEC® code-making panels contributed to the development of the authoritative text used in this online course.
The course covers more than 100 of the most significant code-wide, and Chapter 1 and 2 code changes. Specifically, the course covers code-wide changes, Article 100 definitions, Article 110 requirements for electrical installations and Chapter 2 requirements for wiring and protection.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe code-wide changes
- Understand Article 100 definition changes
- Identify changes to requirements for electrical installations
- Explain changes related to branch-circuits wiring
- Understand changes in branch-circuits and feeders and service calculations
- Describe changes to outside branch circuits and feeders
- Identify code changes related to wiring services
- Explain overcurrent protection code changes
- Discuss code changes related to overvoltage protection
- Recognize new grounding and bonding code changes
Joseph Wages, Jr. - Director of Digital Education
International Association of Electrical Inspectors
901 Waterfall Way, Ste. 602
Richardson, TX 75080-7702
We encourage students to contact Joseph with any content related questions and he will provide you with a prompt response. He has a wealth of industry knowledge which he is happy to share. Previous to his position as Director of Digital Educaition he was the Technical Advisor, Education, Codes and Standards Specialist and the Seminar Coordinator. In addition to being a Master Electrician, Jody is an ICC Certified Building Official and holds certifications as Building Plans Examiner, Building Inspector, Chief Building Code Analyst and One- and Two-Family Dwelling Inspector.