Board: Florida Home Inspector Licensing Program
Credit Hours: 2.00
Rating: 341 ratings
Approval Number: 5008779
Add to Basket
This course is derived from the Florida Building Code, Energy Conservation, Chapter 4 (RE) Residential Energy Efficiency. This code applies to residential buildings and the building sites and associated systems and equipment.
This code serves to regulate the design and construction of buildings for the effective use and conservation of energy over the useful life of each building. It is intended to provide flexibility to permit the use of innovative approaches and techniques to achieve this objective. This code is not intended to abridge safety, health or environmental requirements contained in other applicable codes or ordinances.
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Describe how this code shall regulate the design and construction of residential buildings for the effective use and conservation of energy over the useful life of each building.
- Discuss criteria for compliance using an Energy Rating Index (ERI) analysis.
- Apply where, in any specific case, different sections of this code specify different materials, methods of construction or other requirements, with the knowledge the most restrictive shall govern. Where there is a conflict between a general requirement and a specific requirement, the specific requirement shall govern.
- Identify how to prepare and submit construction documents, technical reports and other supporting data.
- Classify various climate zones, moisture regimes and warm-humid designations by County.
- Outline requirements in electric power and lighting systems.
- Explain criteria for compliance using simulated energy performance analysis. Such analysis shall include heating, cooling and service water heating energy only.
Charles (Chuck) Barr
Chuck has more licenses than anyone we at Pace has ever come across, including multiple Contractor and Electrical Contractor licenses, Building Official, Building Inspector and Plans Examiner licenses. Chuck has held Building Official positions (CBO) in Orange City and Fernandina Beach, Florida and is also an approved Florida Building Commission Advanced course accredditor. Aside from all his construction related licenses, Chuck is a licensed fixed wing commercial flight instructor, a rotary wing flight instructor and holds a Ship Captains license, not sure if he has a fishing license.
Chuck is essentially retired at the present and probably spends most of his time completing continuing education for his multitude of licenses inside and outside the construction industry when he's not instructing our online courses.
Florida Licenses and Certifications
CGC1508079 - Unlimited General Contractor, CFC1426436 - Unlimited Plumbing Contractor, EC13002676 - Unlimited Electrical Contractor, CAC1814258 - Unlimited Air Conditioning Contractor, BU908 - Florida Building Code Administrator (CBO), PX1172 - Plans Examiner (Standard)(Commercial/Residential) Building, Plumbing, Electrical and Air Conditioning, BN2685 - Building Inspector (Standard)(Commercial/Residential)Building, Plumbing, Electrical and Air Conditioning
Certified Distance Education Instructor (CDEI Verification ID: 67945) through the International Distance Education Certification Center (IDECC.org)
IAEI (International Association of Electrical Inspectors)
BOAF (Building Officials Association of Florida)
Approved Advanced Course Accredditor, Florida Building Commission