Board: Georgia Electrician
Credit Hours: 4.00
Rating: 499 ratings
Approval Number: PACE-0518
Add to Basket
This 4-hour course is based on IAEI's One- and Two-Family Dwelling Electrical Systems book, and the requirements contained in the NEC and the IRC. Electrical systems, equipment or components that are not specifically covered in Chapters 34 through 43 of the IRC are required to comply with the applicable provisions of the National Electrical Code, NFPA 70 (see IRC E3401.2).
This program focuses on the requirements for electrical installations based on the electrical code and includes information relative to making proper electrical installations and inspections of residential wiring systems. Part I covers Chapters 1 through 8.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe general requirements including ampacity and derating
- Explain definitions and perform electrical calculations including ampacity, load, circuits and grounded (neutral) service conductors.
- Understand installations of services including definitions, clearances, service disconnects and permitted uses.
- Discuss grounding and bonding requirements as well as cabinets and enclosures
- Identify requirements for feeders and personnel protection
- Locate power and lighting distribution requirements
Joseph Wages, Jr. - Director of Digital Education
International Association of Electrical Inspectors
901 Waterfall Way, Ste. 602
Richardson, TX 75080-7702
We encourage students to contact Joseph with any content related questions and he will provide you with a prompt response. He has a wealth of industry knowledge which he is happy to share. Previous to his position as Director of Digital Educaition he was the Technical Advisor, Education, Codes and Standards Specialist and the Seminar Coordinator. In addition to being a Master Electrician, Jody is an ICC Certified Building Official and holds certifications as Building Plans Examiner, Building Inspector, Chief Building Code Analyst and One- and Two-Family Dwelling Inspector.