PacePDH.com is approved by the American Institute of Architects (AIA Provider # J607) to provide online continuing education courses to architects.
Since 2003 PacePDH.com has delivered over 500,000 online continuing education hours to more than 25,000 AEC professionals nationwide.
Kansas Continuing Education Requirements
Regulation 66-14-1 Professional Development Reporting Requirements
- Renewal is required every two years (biennially) on June 30th (Last name begins with A-L on even years. Last name begins with M-Z on odd years)
- All persons licensed as an Architect in the state of Kansas must acquire 30 Professional Develop Hours (PDHs) every two years before renewing their license.
- Dual License Requirement: Licensees in more than one profession are required to acquire 20 PDHs for each profession, every two years before renewal.
- Qualifying activities must have a clear purpose and objective which will maintain, improve or expand the skills and knowledge relevant to the practice of a technical profession and necessary to safeguard health, safety, property and welfare. The licensee is given flexibility in selecting among a broad range of subjects that are intended to strengthen or maintain competency in technical, managerial (business) or ethical fields.
- All licensed technical professionals will be required to document their PDHs by maintaining a list of activities and sign a statement that they have met this requirement before renewing.
Regulation 66-14-7 Continuing Education Record Maintenance and Verification
- Record Keeping is the responsibility of the licensee. The required records must be maintained for a minimum of four years for auditing purposes. Examples of records required include, but are not limited to:
- Continuing Education Audit Report Form; and,
- Attendance verification records in the form of documentation which includes completion certificates, AIA transcript(s), NCEES CPC report(s), signed attendance receipts, a copy of a listing of all attendees signed by a person in responsible charge of the activity or other documentation verifying attendance and PDHs credits earned.
- If audited, submission of specific information on each activity is required. Simply stating “attending education activities at ABC Company” is not acceptable. If the licensee is selected for an audit, he/she will be asked to submit proof supporting the required PDHs.
For more information, visit the Kansas State Board Continuing Education Rules and Regulations 66-14 Website.
Courses in Your Cart
Non-timed, read-only PDF document with online testing at the end.
|Ageless Living by Design (HSW)||2.00||$38.00|
|Aging in Place - Eliminating Traps (HSW)||4.00||$76.00|
|Biophilic Design and Senior Well Being for Architect and Design Professionals (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Demographic Trends and Changes in the Aging Population Essential for Architects, Designers and Contractors to Identify (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|The Senior Wellness Revolution (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Where is Home - The Aging Population and Where They Live (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
Net-Zero Energy Building
|Cost Control Strategies for Zero Energy Buildings (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Cost Control Strategies for Zero Energy Buildings(HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Strategies to Achieve Net-Zero Energy Homes (HSW)||2.00||$38.00|
|Strategies to Achieve Net-Zero Energy Homes PDF (HSW)||2.00||$38.00|
Other Featured Courses - New PDF Format
|Cool Roofs for Warm Climates PDF (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Danger in the Damp - Dealing with Mold||4.00||$76.00|
|Dryer by Design - Designing to Keep Water Out (HSW)||2.00||$38.00|
|Getting Decked - And Choosing How That Happens||3.00||$57.00|
|Lean on Me - Choosing Railings Carefully||3.00||$57.00|
|Sound Advice for Acoustics PDF (HSW)||4.00||$76.00|
Construction Contract Administration
|Building for Energy Efficiency (BSP/T/GEN) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Cool Roofs for Warm Climates (GEN) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Daylight Optimization (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Energy Efficient Roofs (GEN) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Energy Efficient Ventilation Techniques (GEN) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Environmentally Safe Paints and Painting Techniques (GEN) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Environmentally Safe Paints and Painting Techniques (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Green Building Sustainability and Smart Growth (GEN) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Raising the Roof (GEN) (HSW)||2.00||$38.00|
|Basic Ethics for Architects (HSW)||3.00||$57.00|
|Fair Housing: A Study of Kitchens and Bathrooms (GEN) (AOA) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Fair Housing: An in depth study of accessible routes (GEN) (AOA) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Fair Housing: An Overview of the Fair Housing Act (GEN) (AOA) (HSW)||2.00||$38.00|
|Indoor Environmental Quality (GEN) (HSW)||3.00||$57.00|