PacePDH.com is approved by the American Institute of Architects (AIA Provider # J607) to provide online continuing education courses to architects.
Since 2003 PacePDH.com has delivered over half a million online continuing education hours to more than 50,000 AEC professionals nationwide.
Our online interactive audio/visual courses feature narration, images and illustrations. Our PDF format is a non-timed, read-only course with online testing at the end.
Kansas Continuing Education Requirements
Regulation 66-14-1 Professional Development Reporting Requirements
- Renewal is required every two years (biennially) on June 30th (Last name begins with A-L on even years. Last name begins with M-Z on odd years)
- All persons licensed as an Architect in the state of Kansas must acquire 30 Professional Develop Hours (PDHs) every two years before renewing their license.
- Dual License Requirement: Licensees in more than one profession are required to acquire 20 PDHs for each profession, every two years before renewal.
- Qualifying activities must have a clear purpose and objective which will maintain, improve or expand the skills and knowledge relevant to the practice of a technical profession and necessary to safeguard health, safety, property and welfare. The licensee is given flexibility in selecting among a broad range of subjects that are intended to strengthen or maintain competency in technical, managerial (business) or ethical fields.
- All licensed technical professionals will be required to document their PDHs by maintaining a list of activities and sign a statement that they have met this requirement before renewing.
Regulation 66-14-7 Continuing Education Record Maintenance and Verification
- Record Keeping is the responsibility of the licensee. The required records must be maintained for a minimum of four years for auditing purposes. Examples of records required include, but are not limited to:
- Continuing Education Audit Report Form; and,
- Attendance verification records in the form of documentation which includes completion certificates, AIA transcript(s), NCEES CPC report(s), signed attendance receipts, a copy of a listing of all attendees signed by a person in responsible charge of the activity or other documentation verifying attendance and PDHs credits earned.
- If audited, submission of specific information on each activity is required. Simply stating “attending education activities at ABC Company” is not acceptable. If the licensee is selected for an audit, he/she will be asked to submit proof supporting the required PDHs.
For more information, visit the Kansas State Board Continuing Education Rules and Regulations 66-14 Website.
Courses in Your Cart
Non-timed, read-only PDF document with online testing at the end.
|Ageless Living by Design (HSW)||2.00||$38.00|
|Aging in Place - Eliminating Traps (HSW)||4.00||$76.00|
|Biophilic Design and Senior Well Being for Architect and Design Professionals (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Demographic Trends and Changes in the Aging Population Essential for Architects, Designers and Contractors to Identify (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|The Senior Wellness Revolution (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Where is Home - The Aging Population and Where They Live (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
Net-Zero Energy Building
|Strategies to Achieve Net-Zero Energy Homes (HSW)||2.00||$38.00|
|Strategies to Achieve Net-Zero Energy Homes PDF (HSW)||2.00||$38.00|
Other Featured Courses - New PDF Format
|ADA Paths - Part 1 - No One Left Behind||2.00||$19.00|
|ADA Paths - Part 2 - Practical Design Requirements||2.00||$19.00|
|ADA Paths - Part 3 - Communication and Recreation||2.00||$19.00|
|Cool Roofs for Warm Climates PDF (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Danger in the Damp - Dealing with Mold (HSW)||4.00||$76.00|
|Drier by Design - Designing to Keep Water Out (HSW)||2.00||$38.00|
|Getting Decked - And Choosing How That Happens (HSW)||3.00||$57.00|
|Lean on Me - Choosing Railings Carefully (HSW)||3.00||$57.00|
|Starting from the Bottom||3.00||$57.00|
|Home Builder’s Guide to Coastal Construction (GEN) (HSW)||4.00||$76.00|
|Preventing Mold in New Construction (GEN) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Preventing Mold in New Construction (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Reducing Energy Costs Through Fenestration Optimization (GEN) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Sound Matters - How to Achieve Acoustic Comfort in the Contemporary Office (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Wind Mitigation Methodology - Retrofits for Existing Homes - 1 hr (WMM/GEN) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
Construction Contract Administration
|Building for Energy Efficiency (BSP/T/GEN) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Cool Roofs for Warm Climates (GEN) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Daylight Optimization (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Energy Efficient Roofs (GEN) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Energy Efficient Ventilation Techniques (GEN) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Environmentally Safe Paints and Painting Techniques (GEN) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Environmentally Safe Paints and Painting Techniques (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Green Building Sustainability and Smart Growth (GEN) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Raising the Roof (GEN) (HSW)||2.00||$38.00|
|Basic Ethics for Architects (HSW)||3.00||$57.00|
|Fair Housing: A Study of Kitchens and Bathrooms (GEN) (AOA) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Fair Housing: An in depth study of accessible routes (GEN) (AOA) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Fair Housing: An Overview of the Fair Housing Act (GEN) (AOA) (HSW)||2.00||$38.00|
|Indoor Environmental Quality (GEN) (HSW)||3.00||$57.00|