Credit Hours: 1.00
Approval Number: 0611802
Return to Package Listing
This one hour interactive distance learning course takes a brief but comprehensive look at Indoor Humidifiers as HVAC professionals are increasingly asked to help customers choose the right humidifier to meet their particular building and budget requirements. The course details the types of humidifiers, their industrial and commercial applications and much more. By the end of this class the participant will have a thorough understanding of indoor humidifiers, their rising demand, expected growth, difference from similar products and variations between products in that space.
At the conclusion of this course, the participants will be able to:
· State the definition of humidifiers and explain their purpose
· Differentiate between humidifiers, diffusers and atomizers
· Explain how the humidifier market is segmented.
· Describe the features of a warm-mist humidifier.
· Compare evaporative humidifiers and ultrasonic humidifiers and explain why they are grouped together
· Summarize the feature list of vaporizers.
· Explain the role of ionic beds in steam-to-steam humidifiers.
· Summarize the differences between isothermal humidification and adiabatic humidification
· State why humidifiers are particularly important in IT-related areas such as data centers.
· Relate some of the uses of humidifiers in the automotive and healthcare industries.
· List several commercial applications of humidifiers
· Explain the role of hygiene in humidification
John Menken has been in corporate education for twenty-eight years. His background covers all aspects of enterprise training including instructional design, technical writing, internal consulting, eLearning, multimedia development, mobile learning, web programming and online/standup training, including international, in both soft skills and technical areas.
John has authored course materials for both colleges and private industry and in his current role as a Sr. Training director for a telecom company in Tampa Florida he puts together courseware, curricula, job aids, presentations, marketing videos and eLearnings to support enterprise wide initiatives. He has many HR-related implementations to his credit and has managed groups as large as twelve people.
John's current focus is xAPI, the replacement for SCORM, and his past times are kayaking, running and visiting his two adult children who act like they still need him. He was married 30 years in January of 2017.