Credit Hours: 2.00
Return to Package Listing
This one hour distance education Laws & Rules course details the entire Florida Statutes 468 PartXII (468.601 through 468.633) Building Code Administrators and Inspectors. This course has been adapted to and online audio/visual interactive format directly from the Official Internet Site of the Florida Legislature. Quiz questions have place throughout the course to gauge the student’s knowledge retention.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will have a better understanding of the entire chapter 468 Part XII, including:
• Purpose, Exemptions and Definitions as used in Chapter 468 Part XII
• The responsibilities of building code administrators, plans examiners, and inspectors.
• The make-up of the Florida Building Code Administrators and Inspectors Board and its authority.
• The process of certification of building code administration and inspection personnel
• Certification by endorsement
• Joint building code inspection department
• Building code enforcement officials’ bill of rights
• Disciplinary proceedings
• Application, examinations renewals and fees
• Building Code Administrators and Inspectors Fund
• Criminal Violations
• Authority of local government
Ms. Prinse holds a BS Degree in Environmental Studies from Eckerd College and has pursued master degree studies in Aquatic Zoology at the University of South Florida. She has written scientific portions of impact statements for wetland/upland land delineation, endangered species studies, and water quality testing while employed with a civil engineering and architectural firm in Tampa, FL. Her experience in environmental studies and new construction lend itself to documentary film making, particularly environmental stories that have taken her to the Amazon in Peru and to Costa Rica. Most recently her involvement with earthen construction projects led to a video production showcasing the benefits of building “green.”