Credit Hours: 4.00
Approval Number: CEP034
Add to Basket
Return to Course Listing
This online course is an extensive and popular program analyzing the major changes to the National Electric Code (NFPA 70™) for the 2020 cycle. Members of the NEC® code-making panels contributed to the development of the authoritative text used in this online course.
The course covers more than 55 of the most significant code-wide, and Articles 100 through 410 code changes. Specifically, the course covers code-wide changes, definitions, requirements for electrical installations, wiring and protection, wiring methods and equipment for general use.
The instructor for this course is Keith Lofland, Director of Education at the International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI).
Upon successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Describe code-wide changes, article 100 article definition changes and article 110 requirements for electrical installations.
- Explain changes to the proper use and identification of grounded conductors, changes in branch-circuits, feeder and service calculations.
- Describe changes to services, overcurrent and overvoltage protection.
- Recognize new grounding and bonding code changes, wiring methods and conductors for general wiring.
- Define changes regarding proper use of different cable types, identification of multioutlet assemblies and cable trays.
- Understand changes regarding receptacles, switchboards, luminaires, lampholders and lamps.
Keith Lofland, Director of Education
International Association of Electrical Inspectors
901 Waterfall Way, Ste. 602
Richardson, TX 75080-7702
(972) 235-1455 x.36
We encourage students to contact Keith with any content related questions and he will provide you with a prompt response. He has a wealth of industry knowledge which he is happy to share. Keith has been a master electrician since 1987 and the Director of Education at the International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI) since 2008.