Credit Hours: 4.00
Approval Number: ELE-CEC-LIC-42945
Add to Basket
Return to Course Listing
Welcome to the course "Analysis of Changes 2020 NEC - Part 2 Chapters 3 and 4". The instructor for this course is Keith Lofland, Director of Education at the International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI).
This online course is an extensive and popular program analyzing the major changes to the National Electric Code (NFPA 70™) for the 2020 cycle. Members of the eighteen NEC® code-making panels contributed to the development of the authoritative text used in this online course.
The course covers more than 70 of the most significant code changes in Chapters 3 and 4. Specifically, the course covers code changes related to wiring methods and equipment for general use.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Describe changes to wiring methods and conductors for general wiring.
- Define changes regarding proper use of medium voltage cable, boxes, and different cable types.
- State changes to the use and identification of cablebuses, multioutlet assemblies and cable trays.
- Understand changes regarding flexible cords and cables, switches, receptacles, switchboards and luminaires.
- Explain changes in heating equipment, motors, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment, generators, transformers and storage batteries.
Keith Lofland, Director of Education
International Association of Electrical Inspectors
901 Waterfall Way, Ste. 602
Richardson, TX 75080-7702
(972) 235-1455 x.36
We encourage students to contact Keith with any content related questions and he will provide you with a prompt response. He has a wealth of industry knowledge which he is happy to share. Keith has been a master electrician since 1987 and the Director of Education at the International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI) since 2008.