Credit Hours: 4.00
Approval Number: ND #20-086
Add to Basket
Return to Course Listing
Welcome to the course “Analysis of Changes 2020 NEC - Part 1 - Code-Wide, Chapters 1 and 2”. The instructor for this course is Keith Lofland, Director of Education at the International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI).
This online course is an extensive and popular program analyzing the major changes to the National Electric Code (NFPA 70™) for the 2020 cycle. Members of the eighteen NEC® code-making panels contributed to the development of the authoritative text used in this online course.
The course covers more than 70 of the most significant code-wide, and Chapter 1 and 2 code changes. Specifically, the course covers code-wide changes, Article 100 definitions, Article 110 requirements for electrical installations and Chapter 2 requirements for wiring and protection.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Describe code-wide changes.
- Understand Article 100 definition changes and requirements for electrical installations.
- Define changes to the proper use and identification of grounded conductors.
- Explain changes in branch-circuits, feeder and service calculations.
- Describe changes to outside branch circuits and feeders.
- Identify code changes related to services, overcurrent and overvoltage protection.
- Recognize new grounding and bonding code changes.
Keith Lofland, Director of Education
International Association of Electrical Inspectors
901 Waterfall Way, Ste. 602
Richardson, TX 75080-7702
(972) 235-1455 x.36
We encourage students to contact Keith with any content related questions and he will provide you with a prompt response. He has a wealth of industry knowledge which he is happy to share. Keith has been a master electrician since 1987 and the Director of Education at the International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI) since 2008.