Credit Hours: 4.00
Approval Number: 90417
Add to Basket
Return to Course Listing
This interactive distance-learning course is an extensive and popular program analyzing the major changes to the National Electric Code (NFPA 70™) for the 2017 cycle. Members of the nineteen NEC® code-making panels contributed to the development of the authoritative text used in this online course.
The International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI) and PacePDH.com staff have worked together to develop a quality online program that will provide information about code changes covering the safe installation and use of electrical products in the 2017 National Electrical Code.
The Analysis of Changes 2017 NEC - Part 1 - Code-Wide and Articles 100-250 course covers more than 50 of the most significant code-wide, and articles 100 through 250 code changes. Specifically, the course covers code-wide changes, Article 100 definitions, Article 110 requirements for electrical installations and Chapter 2 requirements for wiring and protection.
- Describe code-wide changes.
- Understand Article 100 definition changes and requirements for electrical installations.
- Define changes to the proper use and identification of grounded conductors.
- Explain changes in branch-circuits, feeder and service calculations.
- Describe changes to outside branch circuits and feeders.
- Identify code changes related to services and overcurrent protection.
- Recognize new grounding and bonding code changes
Keith Lofland, Director of Education
International Association of Electrical Inspectors
901 Waterfall Way, Ste. 602
Richardson, TX 75080-7702
(972) 235-1455 x.36
We encourage students to contact Keith with any content related questions and he will provide you with a prompt response. He has a wealth of industry knowledge which he is happy to share. Keith has been a master electrician since 1987 and the Director of Education at the International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI) since 2008.