Credit Hours: 4.00
Approval Number: PACE-2014NEC-4
Add to Basket
Return to Course Listing
Alaska DOLWD/CBPL Course Approval Number 11560
Montana DLI Course Approval Number MTEL14080
Oregon BCD Electrical Program Approval Number 90414
Wisconsin DSPS Course Approval Number: 16320
This interactive distance-learning course is an extensive and popular program analyzing the major changes to the National Electric Code (NFPA 70™) for the 2014 cycle. Members of the nineteen NEC® code-making panels contributed to the development of the authoritative text used in this online course.
The International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI) and PacePDH.com staff have worked together to develop a quality online program that will provide information about code changes covering the safe installation and use of electrical products in the 2014 National Electrical Code.
The Analysis of Changes 2014 NEC - Part 4 - Articles 670 to 840, Chapter 9 course covers more than 50 of the most significant code changes in Articles 670 through 830 and Chapter 9 Tables. Specifically the course covers special equipment, special conditions, communications systems and Chapter 9 tables.
- State changes to electric welders as well as IT and other sensitive electronic equipment.
- Identify code changes related to swimming pools, solar photovoltaic (PV) systems and wind electric systems.
- State changes to the use and identification of special conditions such as emergency systems, optional standby systems, critical operations power systems and optical fiber cables and raceways.
- Describe changes regarding proper uses for communication circuits, radio and television equipment, as well as network and premises-powered broadband communications systems.
- Recognize code changes related to the tables found in Chapter 9.
We encourage students to contact David with any question related to online delivery, course management and even technical support. David has facilitated online courses since 2003 and has a wealth knowledge which he is happy to share.
In addition, Pace has a partnership with the International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI) to provide you with access to content experts. IAEI publishes a 400+ page Analysis of Changes book each electrical code cycle, which is the content basis for this course. You'll have access to the people that literally "wrote the book" on electrical code changes. For detailed code change related questions, Keith Lofland (firstname.lastname@example.org), IAEI Director of Education, is available.