Instructor: David Arnold
Credit Hours: 4.00
Approval Number: PACE-2014NEC-2
Add to Basket
Return to Course Listing
Alaska DOLWD/CBPL Course Approval Number 11558
Montana DLI Course Approval Number MTEL14077
Oregon BCD Electrical Program Approval Number 90414
Wisconsin DSPS Course Approval Number: 16318
This interactive distance-learning course is an extensive and popular program analyzing the major changes to the National Electric Code (NFPA 70™) for the 2014 cycle. Members of the nineteen NEC® code-making panels contributed to the development of the authoritative text used in this online course.
The International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI) and PacePDH.com staff have worked together to develop a quality online program that will provide information about code changes covering the safe installation and use of electrical products in the 2014 National Electrical Code.
The Analysis of Changes 2014 NEC - Part 2 - Articles 250 to 406 course covers more than 60 of the most significant Articles 250 through 406 code changes. Specifically the course covers wiring and protection, wiring methods, and code changes regarding equipment for general use.
- Discuss code changes related to grounding and bonding and surge-protective devices (SPDs).
- Describe changes to wiring methods and conductors for general wiring.
- Define changes regarding proper uses for different conduit types, busways and cable trays.
- State changes to the use and identification of switches, receptacles, switchboards and panelboards.
- Understand changes regarding low-voltage suspended ceiling power distribution systems and outdoor overhead conductors over 1000 volts.