Instructor: David Arnold
Credit Hours: 4.00
Approval Number: PACE-2014NEC-1
Add to Basket
Return to Course Listing
Alaska DOLWD/CBPL Course Approval Number 11557
Montana DLI Course Approval Number MTEL14077
Oregon BCD Electrical Program Approval Number 90414
Wisconsin DSPS Course Approval Number: 16317
This interactive distance-learning course is an extensive and popular program analyzing the major changes to the National Electric Code (NFPA 70™) for the 2014 cycle. Members of the nineteen NEC® code-making panels contributed to the development of the authoritative text used in this online course.
The International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI) and PacePDH.com staff have worked together to develop a quality online program that will provide information about code changes covering the safe installation and use of electrical products in the 2014 National Electrical Code.
The Analysis of Changes 2014 NEC - Part 1 - Code-Wide and Articles 100-240 course covers more than 50 of the most significant code-wide, and articles 100 through 240 code changes. Specifically the course covers code-wide changes, Article 100 definitions, Article 110 requirements for electrical installations and a portion of Chapter 2 wiring and protection.
- Describe code-wide changes.
- Understand Article 100 definition changes and requirements for electrical installations.
- Define changes to the proper use and identification of grounded conductors.
- Explain changes in branch-circuits, feeder and service calculations.
- Describe changes to outside branch circuits and feeders.
- Identify code changes related to services and overcurrent protection.