Instructor: Medard Kopczynski
Credit Hours: 2.00
Approval Number: SRA0017
Add to Basket
Return to Course Listing
Oregon CCB Series A Course Approval Number: SRA0017
Core Course Approval Number: BCC0055 (2013)
This course will provide the student an overview of the scope of the Oregon Residential Specialty Code and will provide a conceptual understanding of the requirements for inspections, certificates of occupancy, design limitations and building planning.
This course focuses on the Oregon Residential Specialty Code sections R109 (Inspections) and R110 (Certificates of Occupancy) in Chapter One as well as the majority of the sections of Chapter Three, Building Planning.
Upon completion of the course the student will be able to:
- Describe the scope of the Oregon Residential Specialty Code.
- Identify the administrative requirements for inspections and certificates of occupancy to projects.
- Have a working knowledge and be able to discuss the design criteria for residential buildings including:
- planning and construction
- fire-resistant construction
- interior environment
- egress and exits
- smoke alarms
- moisture and decay
- flood-resistance construction