PacePDH.com is approved by the American Institute of Architects (AIA Provider # J607) to provide online continuing education courses to architects.
Since 2003 PacePDH.com has delivered over half a million online continuing education hours to more than 50,000 AEC professionals nationwide.
Our online interactive audio/visual courses feature narration, images and illustrations. Our PDF format is a non-timed, read-only course with online testing at the end.
South Dakota Continuing Education Requirements
South Dakota Blue Book (Administrative Rule 20:38:35:01) Continuing Education Requirements
- Individual licensees are expected to maintain their professional competency by participating in continuing education activities throughout their practicing career.
- Generally, licensees are expected to earn a minimum of 30 professional development hours (PDH) during each two years of licensure and demonstrate their compliance with this minimum requirement by submitting a "PDH log" showing their completed continuing education activities at the time of renewing their individual license.
- A maximum of 10 PDH can be earned in professional management subjects, with the balance being earned in technical subjects (20 PDH) relating to their architectural practice.
- As an alternative, individual licensees may earn a minimum of 12 continuing education hours (CEH) in health, safety, and welfare (HSW) subjects acquired in structured educational activities per calendar year.
South Dakota Blue Book (Administrative Rule 20:38:35:07) Continuing Education Record Maintenance and Verification
- A licensee shall maintain records to support professional development credits claimed.
- Records sufficient for audit purposes must be maintained for three years after the date of renewal.
- The records shall include the PDH credits earned prior to the date of renewal and, in the case of carryover PDH credit, shall include the years when the carryover PDH was earned.
For more information, visit the South Dakota Blue Book Website.
Courses in Your Cart
Non-timed, read-only PDF document with online testing at the end.
|Ageless Living by Design (HSW)||2.00||$38.00|
|Aging in Place - Eliminating Traps (HSW)||4.00||$76.00|
|Biophilic Design and Senior Well Being for Architect and Design Professionals (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Demographic Trends and Changes in the Aging Population Essential for Architects, Designers and Contractors to Identify (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|The Senior Wellness Revolution (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Where is Home - The Aging Population and Where They Live (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
Net-Zero Energy Building
|Cost Control Strategies for Zero Energy Buildings (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Cost Control Strategies for Zero Energy Buildings(HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Strategies to Achieve Net-Zero Energy Homes (HSW)||2.00||$38.00|
|Strategies to Achieve Net-Zero Energy Homes PDF (HSW)||2.00||$38.00|
Other Featured Courses - New PDF Format
|Cool Roofs for Warm Climates PDF (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Danger in the Damp - Dealing with Mold||4.00||$76.00|
|Dryer by Design - Designing to Keep Water Out (HSW)||2.00||$38.00|
|Getting Decked - And Choosing How That Happens||3.00||$57.00|
|Lean on Me - Choosing Railings Carefully||3.00||$57.00|
|Sound Advice for Acoustics PDF (HSW)||4.00||$76.00|
Construction Contract Administration
|Building for Energy Efficiency (BSP/T/GEN) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Cool Roofs for Warm Climates (GEN) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Daylight Optimization (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Energy Efficient Roofs (GEN) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Energy Efficient Ventilation Techniques (GEN) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Environmentally Safe Paints and Painting Techniques (GEN) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Environmentally Safe Paints and Painting Techniques (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Green Building Sustainability and Smart Growth (GEN) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Raising the Roof (GEN) (HSW)||2.00||$38.00|
|Basic Ethics for Architects (HSW)||3.00||$57.00|
|Fair Housing: A Study of Kitchens and Bathrooms (GEN) (AOA) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Fair Housing: An in depth study of accessible routes (GEN) (AOA) (HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Fair Housing: An Overview of the Fair Housing Act (GEN) (AOA) (HSW)||2.00||$38.00|
|Indoor Environmental Quality (GEN) (HSW)||3.00||$57.00|