Credit Hours: 4.00
Approval Number: IAEI-2020-NEC-4
Add to Basket
Return to Course Listing
Welcome to the course "Analysis of Changes 2020 NEC - Part 4 - Articles 690 through Chapter 9". The instructor for this course is Keith Lofland, Director of Education at the International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI).
This interactive distance-learning course is an extensive and popular program analyzing the major changes to the National Electric Code (NFPA 70™) for the 2020 cycle. Members of the eighteen NEC® code-making panels contributed to the development of the authoritative text used in this online course.
The course covers more than 50 of the most significant code changes in Articles 690 through Chapter 9. Specifically, the course covers code changes related to special equipment, special conditions, communications systems, tables and informative annexes.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Identify code changes related to solar photovoltaic (PV) systems, fuel cell systems and fire pumps.
- Recognize changes to emergency systems, optional standby systems, interconnected electric power production sources and energy storage systems.
- Define proper changes to uses for critical operations powers systems, stand-alone systems, direct current microgrids and power-limited circuits.
- Understand changes regarding fire alarm systems and optical fiber cables.
- Describe code changes related to radio and television equipment, premises-powered broadband communications systems, notes to tables and informative annexes.
Keith Lofland, Director of Education
International Association of Electrical Inspectors
901 Waterfall Way, Ste. 602
Richardson, TX 75080-7702
(972) 235-1455 x.36
We encourage students to contact Keith with any content related questions and he will provide you with a prompt response. He has a wealth of industry knowledge which he is happy to share. Keith has been a master electrician since 1987 and the Director of Education at the International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI) since 2008.