Oklahoma Professional Engineer Continuing Education RequirementsA licensee must obtain thirty (30) professional development hours (PDH’s) for a twenty-four month (biennial) renewal period. If a licensee exceeds the requirement in any biennial renewal period, a maximum of fifteen (15) PDH’s may be carried forward into the subsequent biennial renewal period.
PDH’s earned must be relevant to the practice of engineering as applicable and may include technical, ethical or managerial content. Qualifying ethical or business courses or activities must contain content areas related to
(1) the awareness of ethical concerns and conflicts;
(2) an enhanced familiarity with the codes of conduct;
(3) an understanding of standards of practice or care;
(4) project management and risk-assessment management; or
(5) other similar topics aimed at maintaining, improving, or expanding the skills set and knowledge relevant to the licensee's field and methods of practice.
Credit determination is the responsibilities of the licensee (subject to review as required by the board).
Each licensee is charged with the responsibility of his own professional development activities. The responsibility of maintaining records to be used to support credits claimed is the responsibility of the licensee. Records required include, but are not limited to:
(1) A log showing the type of activity claimed, sponsoring organization, location, duration, instructor's or speaker's name, and PDH credits earned.
(2) Attendance verification records in the form of completion certificates, or other approved documentation supporting evidence of attendance. Documentation which does not support evidence of actual attendance will not be accepted for audit purposes.
Records must be maintained for a period of five (5) years and copies may be requested by the Board for audit verification purposes.
Mandatory Courses in Your Cart
|Flow Measurement in Pipes and Ducts||4.00||$76.00|
|Manning Equation Open Channel Flow Calculations||4.00||$76.00|
|Passive Solar Heating Basics||4.00||$76.00|
|Pipe Friction Flow Factor Calculations||3.00||$57.00|
|Business Planning for PE - Part I Introduction to Business Planning||1.00||$19.00|
|Business Planning for PE - Part II How to Build a Business Plan||1.00||$19.00|
|Business Planning for PE - Part III How to Implement a Business Plan||1.00||$19.00|
|Business Planning for PE Introduction, Building, and Implementing the Business Plan||4.00||$76.00|
|Building for Energy Efficiency (BSP/T/GEN) (LU/HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Daylighting for Energy Efficiency (BSP/T/GEN)||1.00||$19.00|
|Energy Efficient Roofs (GEN) (LU/HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Energy Efficient Ventilation Techniques (GEN LU/HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Energy Star Qualified New Home (GEN)||1.00||$19.00|
|Green Building Sustainability and Smart Growth (GEN) (LU/HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Basic Engineering Ethics 1 Hour||1.00||$19.00|
|Basic Engineering Ethics 3Hrs||3.00||$57.00|
|Basic Engineering Ethics 4Hrs||4.00||$76.00|
|Developing Your Stormwater Prevention Plan (GEN)||2.00||$38.00|
|Home Builder’s Guide to Coastal Construction (GEN)||4.00||$76.00|
|Indoor Environmental Quality (GEN) (LU/HSW)||3.00||$57.00|
|Lead and Other Metals in Construction (WPS/GEN)||3.00||$57.00|
|Mold in Schools & Public Buildings||2.00||$38.00|
|Mold Remediation in Schools and Public Buildings (BSP/GEN)||2.00||$38.00|
|Raising the Roof (GEN) (LU/HSW)||2.00||$38.00|
|The Building Envelope (BSP/GEN)||1.00||$19.00|
|Wind Mitigation Methodology - Retrofits for Existing Homes - 1 hr (WMM/GEN)(LU/HSW)||1.00||$19.00|
|Wind Mitigation Methodology - Retrofits for Existing Homes - 2 hour (WMM/HMM/GEN)||2.00||$38.00|
|Wind Mitigation Methodology - Retrofits for Existing Homes - 3 Hour (WMM/HMM/GEN)||3.00||$57.00|