Instructor: David Arnold
Credit Hours: 4.00
Approval Number: 20170355
Add to Basket
Return to Course Listing
This interactive distance-learning course is an extensive and popular program analyzing the major changes to the National Electric Code (NFPA 70™) for the 2017 cycle. Members of the nineteen NEC® code-making panels contributed to the development of the authoritative text used in this online course.
The International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI) and PacePDH.com staff have worked together to develop a quality online program that will provide information about code changes covering the safe installation and use of electrical products in the 2017 National Electrical Code.
The Analysis of Changes 2017 NEC - Part 4 - Articles 680- Chapter 9 course covers more than 50 of the most significant code changes in Articles 680 through 840 and Chapter 9 Tables and Annex D. Specifically the course covers some special equipment codde changes as changes related to special conditions, communications systems and Chapter 9 tables.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
- dentify code changes related to swimming pools, photovoltaic (PV) systems and fire pumps.
- Recognize changes to emergency systems, standby systems and energy storage systems.
- Define proper changes to uses for critical operations powers systems, direct current microgrids and power-limited circuits.
- Understand changes regarding fire alarm systems, optical fiber cables and raceways.
- Describe code changes related to radio and television equipment, premises-powered broadband communications systems, notes to tables and Annex D.